In addition to using your debit or credit card and Dapper Balance to make purchases, you are also able to use cryptocurrency from a non-custodial wallet like MetaMask to add to your Dapper Balance. Here is a quick tutorial.
If you would like to watch the following process in video form; our Content Marketing Manager, Bryan, recorded a quick 2 minute video breaking the process down:
The cryptocurrencies that the Dapper Wallet currently supports are:
- Ethereum (ETH)
- USDC (Ethereum mainnet)
- DAI (Ethereum mainnet)
Please note: If you are using MetaMask, please ensure that you are using tokens from Ethereum Mainnet and not any other blockchain. Standard network fees will apply to each transaction and similar to credit card transactions, you will be sent a receipt to your email once the transaction has been completed.
Purchasing with ETH
To purchase items on Gaia with Ethereum, you will need to deposit the Ethereum to your Dapper Balance. Below are the following steps to do so:
- When you are logged into Gaia and your Dapper Wallet, click on the Avatar on the top-right corner of the screen and select “My Wallet” from the drop down menu.
2. Click on the Dapper Balance box or “Add Funds”, and then select “Deposit” on the next screen.
3. You will be asked to deposit a USD dollar amount. Please be aware of the current price of Ethereum and the associated network fees. Enter the amount you would like to deposit in USD-equivalent of ETH. Then, check the box agreeing to the terms of conditions, and click “Add Funds”.
4. Select “Pay with crypto” and then hit the purple button below the balance.
5. If this is your first time using the Dapper Wallet, you will be prompted to fill out additional information for KYC (Know Your Customer). Fill the info in and click “Continue”.
6. Read and click “I Understand” when you’re done.
7. You will be asked to confirm the payment and then be redirected to Coinbase Commerce. Select Ethereum and you will be asked to sign into MetaMask. Once you’re signed in, copy the address and ETH amount into MetaMask and confirm the transaction. Once that is complete you will receive an email and you will be all set to make purchases on Gaia!